- We are waiting for the clouds to burn off!!!!
- The kids are anxiously waiting to go to the gym with me....if I did not have any motivation to go they would get me there with their persistence.
- Only 6 weeks left of school with Rory!!!! I am counting down.
- Found out today Rory's last "field trip" will be to go to The Wave water park with Brian and the rest of the school for an end of the year thingy....
- This will be her first experience in a water park....that is why I am sending her with Brian!
- I used to love water parks when I was younger...now that I am a mom they FREAK ME OUT!
- I finished all the James Patterson women's murder club books...and the national park DVD series....now I have to go online and request more library items...
- I am thankful with all the sickness going around we have been well...knock on wood.
- This is the first Tuesday of the "summer" with no bible study....
- I will have to find stuff to keep me busy on Tuesday mornings through September...we all know that wont be too tough!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Brian picked up my Library order for me last night.
- yup 11 items and 2 of those were for the kids.
- So that leaves me with how many?
- yup 9
- 7 books and 2 video series
- can you tell I have a lot of time on my hands in the evenings?
- Of course that is after I clean-up around here and finish up and firm business then I can read or watch the videos
- How old am I that I got the video "the history of Britain" and the "PBS national parks series"
- Oh well I am in it to learn something new
- so I am off to do some learning!!!!
Monday, April 12, 2010
We planted starter plants of tomatoes and Jalapenos. And then in seed we went with Basil, Cilantro, Cucumbers, Carrots, Squash (in 3 varieties) and Okra. Well we have officially seen the beginning sprouts of Cucumbers, Carrots, Okra, Zucchini, Basil and Cilantro. 2 of the 3 types of squash have not made their appearance yet....but we are still so excited. I am REALLY EXCITED!!!!! And today I applied my first round of coffee grounds to my tomatoes to help with the bugs and to fertilize all at the same time...I will let you know what happens with that!
Friday, April 9, 2010
- We have movie night at Rory's school tonight....sitting on the lawn....big screen....and The Princess and the Frog...it will be my first time seeing it and the girls are so excited for me to see it since they have seen it lots!!!!
- Enjoying all the time outside in the yard with this nice weather we are having...
- Spring planting...I love planting things...the problem is I have run out of room...
- Now anything I want to plant has to be in pots....that is fine.
- I am going today to get a big barrel for the nasturtium's I am gonna plant this weekend...our first edible flower...Rory introduced it to us from her gardening class.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- I am so excited March Madness is officially over....it just kills me!!!!
- I am also excited that Baseball season has begun...Go Padres!!!!
- I sold another item on craigslist.com love it!
- If I am not careful I may just start selling stuff I need just for the sake of selling stuff!
- I have not had a McDonald's iced coffee or Frappe in a week....I am so in need of one!!!! HELP!!!!!
- I have been helping brian with typing petitions and what not...I have not typed this much since I left the office 7 years ago...my hands hurt....
- But I do have to admit I have mad typing skills!!!!
- However typing legal stuff is really hard because they use really weird words so I can not type without looking closely at some of those words...it slows me down!!!!
- I went to the doctor last week and I officially lost 6 pounds since the last time I saw him...yipee!!!! I still have a LOOOONG way to go but its a step in the right direction.
- I can not believe I am posting these so late...Happy Tuesday!!!!
This year Abi and Brian
Here we are the fam all together....
Friday, April 2, 2010
- I have found a new favorite eye product...and yes of course it is Mary Kay. It is a creme highlighter. And you can use it on your cheeks or your eyes. I have been putitng it on my eyes.LOVE IT!!!!It glistens!!!
- Wohoo!!!! I fit in 2 pairs of pants this week that I have not worn in 2 years...Since before my car accident!!!!
- I am finally seeing success in my gym workouts and my runs in the evenings!!!!Thank Goodness!!!!
- Now I just honestly need my top half to shrink and life would be perfect!!!!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
- Whats New Thursdays
- Topical Thursday's...however that sounds very wrong when you say it out loud
- Think on This Thursdays
- Non-sense Thursdays...but it does not start with a T
I just don't know. My friend Andrea posted recently that she seems to post her most speaking pieces on Thursdays....there seems to be something about that day of the week for her and she lets her thoughts and observations take hold and she puts them down on paper...well on the screen. So how can we use that same idea to capture an essence for Thursday Blog Posts...we need a Tag Line or something! Well I am working on it lets get some ideas!!!!!
So this Thursday I write to you from my laptop at my cluttered desk downstairs as I listen to my over noisy dishwasher rattle on...and I am pondering many things but my main "ponder" is service....You see I have worked many jobs but for the most of my 15 years of work I worked in the service industry. I worked my way up in the restaurant biz and then in the corporate retail side of things...I never made it to VP but I was trained on many a things...and my biggest use of time was concentrated on customer service and how to take care of the people who are using your service....and why!!!! Where has this concept gone? The folks at the grocery store no longer walk you to the aisle you are looking for they just reference a number. I can not seem to get my drinks refilled at the restaurant until I am ready to leave, I am not talked to in a respectful way or asked how I am doing. The customer service industry has come to a very low place!!!! Especially in our rough economic times you need to earn my business and if you are not going to respect me and show me common courtesy I WILL take my business somewhere else!!!!
Well there you have my rant for the week. Have a wonderful week friends!!!!